Share the news about Rev. Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church

Ariana Moon: I am a child but I know, selfishness is today's problem



Ariana Moon is In Jin Nim's daughter, grant-daughter of the Lord of the Second Advent
We are All of Equal Value
Ariana Moon: I am a child but I know, selfishness is today's problem

Excerpt of the profound and honest words that In Jin Nim's daughter Ariana gave at Lovin' Life Ministry, 12.9.10: Ariana Moon is grant-daughter of the Lord of the Second Advent

Selfishness is a problem these days. We want to give love, but we also want to receive love in return, don’t we? If we want only to receive, to me that’s analogous to the religious fanaticism that led to 9/11. When you’re fanatic about something religiously, then you have the tendency to think, “I am better than you. What I believe is better than what you believe in. I am part of the chosen race, whereas you are not.” It creates division. It puts one person on a pedestal and the other below that person.

There are two ingredients for the recipe of conflict. The first is, as I just said, regarding yourself as something more than the other, more than everyone around you. The second ingredient is, in turn, dehumanizing that other part. How do we dehumanize? We dehumanize out of ignorance because we don’t have the ability to appreciate other cultures, other religions.

Dream of Peace: Dalai Lama, Mahatma Gandi, Martin Luther King and Dr. Moon
Sun Myung Moon: Revolutionary man of Peace
JESUS CHRIST: A Shocking Message from Spirit World

What I believe Auden is trying to say is we have to be able to transcend that selfishness. We are all of equal value. We are all sons and daughters of God. We have equal value in God’s eyes. We all have a divinity within us. That does not make any one of us better than any other one, in this room here or in this world ......

I’d like to share one thing about my mentality when I first went to South America. My mother had asked me to teach a ballroom workshop in Uruguay, Paraguay, and Argentina. Naturally my answer was, “Of course. I would love to do that.” But I went with perhaps too strong a mentality that I was going to be the teacher and the members there would be the students, participants in my class. But I realized that I was the one who actually learned a lesson.

Sometimes we Second Generation are so gung-ho about teaching our peers what we know—perhaps teaching our friends the ballroom steps that we know. But sometimes we approach teaching overly enthusiastically, almost with a trailblazing attitude of, “Let me teach you a thing or two. I am the teacher. You are the student.” That was my mentality when I first went to South America.

What I realized is that it’s not about leadership in the sense that leadership is brandishing authority. It’s not always yelling in someone’s face. Leadership can be subtle. And more importantly, leadership means service. As a leader, you have to serve your country, your community, your family, and your siblings. This is what I learned through the hearts of the people in Uruguay, Paraguay, and Argentina. We weren’t even speaking the same language. We had a translator, so there was always that barrier. But it was very easy for me to understand the language of their heart, their compassion, because that’s a universal language.

One thing about leadership I learned from teaching ballroom dancing is something I want to share with you today. When I first started teaching ballroom dance about a year ago, I was very nervous. I had never taught a class before. The class started off well, and I think people were having fun. It got very noisy very quickly. I noticed that I was shouting. I had a microphone, but I still had to shout to be heard.

I was raising my voice, but the fact that I was raising my voice only made everyone else want to raise their voices when they were talking to the others, so it just got louder and louder. One thing I’ve learned is that it’s actually more effective in a classroom setting where the kids are really excited and rowdy—which is wonderful—it’s more effective if you do not shout. It’s effective if you talk softer than normal. Then you catch the corner of people’s attention and they notice, “She’s talking. I wonder what she’s saying. Maybe it’s something important.” They’ll stop talking, and they’ll listen.

This was a very important lesson about leadership for me. Leadership is not shouting louder and louder. Leadership can be very subtle, and sometimes it’s the most effective when it’s not seen. It’s not something you brandish or have to wave around for everyone to see. Sometimes leadership, like in Lovin’ Life, is all the people working backstage to make all of this happen. That’s leadership too, but it’s all unseen. All you see is the beautiful hall here. We have to be able to appreciate the investment that all of these unseen leaders have put into this major production.

http://www.familyfed.org/members/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2494:ariana-shin-sun-moons-lovin-life-ministries-sermon-september-5-2010&catid=89:in-jin-moon&Itemid=128

--------------------------

Head of largest Korean Buddhist order visits Unification Church
Bering Strait Peace Project: Dream of a new peaceful world
World Future: The Culture of Heart


THE KOREAN PROPHECY:
CHUNG GAM ROK
HOW TO RAISE A CHILD WITH A HIGH EQ PERSONAL TESTIMONY: JESUS GUIDED ME TO REV. MOON




Share your views...

1 Respones to "Ariana Moon: I am a child but I know, selfishness is today's problem"

HELP A FAMILY said...

Zakir Naik (born 18 October 1965) is an Indian Islamic preacher, and the founder and president of the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF). He is also the founder of the "comparative religion" Peace TV channel through which he reaches a reported 100 million viewers.
Zakir Naik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_NaikWikipedia


August 24, 2016 at 8:13 PM
.

Who is Rev. Moon: What his Fruits and Famous People Say

Contribute to support this page

Popular Posts

 

Посещения

© 2010 SUN MYUNG MOON All Rights Reserved Thesis WordPress Theme Converted into Blogger Template by Hack Tutors.info